Like all employee benefits insurance agents, we sell the following types of insurance:
- Group Health Insurance
- Group Vision Insurance
- Group Disability Insurance
- Group Dental Insurance
- Group Life insurance
- Supplemental Insurance
However, because we have been working with small to medium sized businesses for over 20 years, we understand the liability, cost and administrative duties that all business owners face once they hire employees. At Hershenberg & Stone-Walsh Insurance Services our 3 main goals are to help our clients attract and retain quality employees, help protect their business and relieve the administrative burden of benefits so they can focus more on profit-generating activities. Below is a summary of our most popular services we offer and why they are important to the success of your business:
Employee Benefits Design and Implementation
Why is this important: In today’s Affordable Care Act Environment, employee value affordable quality benefits more than ever.
- We work closely with our clients and insurance carriers to design benefit plans that will fit their budget and provide the insurance benefits that employees need.
- We understand that benefit enrollment meetings take time away from employees doing their job, so our implementation team is dedicated to making the enrollment process quick and easy
Create Processes to Control Liability Associated with Having Employees and Employee Benefits
Why is this important: Department of Labor, IRS, and ERISA can and do levee huge fines against the business for not complying with ACA and ERISA regulations. Also, lawsuits from a former employer can be very costly to fight and if the employer can’t produce proof of compliance could lose the suit and must pay additional money to former employees. Below are a few of the ways we help our client stay compliant:
- Create and update all additional compliance notices
- Create and maintain Sec 125 Plan Document
- Create and maintain ERISA Plan Document
- The ERISA Plan document and 125 documents are required by the DOL in order to run a health benefit plan, most small businesses don’t do these, opening themselves up to fines and penalties
- 1095 C & B and 1094 B & C Reporting assistance (only applies to groups over 50 employees or all Level-Funded groups)
- Tracking annual employee/employer health insurance contributions for W-2 reporting
- COBRA/Mini-COBRA assistance
- Employee Handbook
Relieve the Administrative Burden Associated with Offering Benefits
Why is this important: The administrative functions listed below take valuable time away from your employees, and too often they don’t know how to best navigate the complicated world of insurance. By taking care of most of the administration functions we use our expertise to save you and your employees time and money and ensure that they are done right the first time. Below are a few of the administrative functions we can take care of for our clients:
- Deduction Calculations
- We will calculate all employee deductions for all benefits offered
- Audit payroll and carriers
- 2 months after open enrollment we will order all invoices and payroll deduction data to ensure all employees are correctly in the insurance carrier system and all payroll deductions are correct
- Track new hires and terminated employees:
- H.S.I. sends monthly reminder emails to let us know of any newly hired or terminated employees. We then track all new hires to make sure they are offered benefits and either sign up or waive benefits
- Work with all carriers to add/terminate employees in their system
- This ensures proper billing and avoids employees not getting the benefits they signed up for
- Work with insurance carriers to fix any billing or enrollment issues
- Rather than the employer, HR or accounting department spending hours on the phone, we deal with the insurance carrier to correct issues
Provide a Concierge Employee Experience
Why is this important: Employer are always trying to find a way to offer their employee low or no cost benefits. Our Employee Concierge Service model lets the employee know that they are valued and provides a valued employee benefits experience.
- Conduct Open Enrollment and New Hire benefits meetings
- We explain how to navigate the complicated world of health insurance to your employees, allowing them to better utilize their plan, keeping them satisfied and helping to keep them healthy.
- Employees that are well educated on their employee benefits are more likely to value their benefits and their employer.
- Online benefits enrollment and 24-hour access to all benefits summaries, provider lookup websites.
- Today’s employee expects a modern, online and easy to use system, our online enrollment platform helps your company look like a fortune 500.
- Claims Assistance:
- The claims process is very complicated, and it can be very difficult to understand the insurance carrier “Explanation of Benefits” as well as invoices from the providers. H.S.I can help the employee through this process, explain coverage and help correct any issues.
- Very few people understand how to deal with the complications of health insurance, especially during the stress of dealing with sever medical problems, allow us to take care of your employees and they will be truly grateful for the benefits you provide to them.
At Hershenberg Stone-Walsh Insurance Services, we provide expert assistance in the following areas:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Home & Auto Insurance
- Renters Insurance
- Employee Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employers Liability Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance