AFFORDABLE CARE ACT PLANS
A.C.A. qualified plans are available during the annual open enrollment period (November 1st thru December 15th) or throughout the year with a Qualifying Life Event (Special Election Period).
Advantages of an A.C.A. Plan:
- Guaranteed Coverage (no medical questions asked)
- Pre-existing conditions are covered
- Potential premium savings based on household income
- Prescription coverage
Disadvantages of an A.C.A. Plan:
- HMO networks (no out of network coverage)
- Premiums could be high based on household income
- Limited annual enrollment period (must apply between Nov. 1st– Dec. 15th or have a qualifying life event)
- There are 4 basic types of qualifying life events: loss of health coverage, household changes, residence changes, and other qualifying events, like income changes that may affect your coverage options.
- See the full list of all qualifying life events. (this link will redirect you to www.healthcare.gov)
Currently, the A.C.A. qualified plan options through the Marketplace in Arizona are as follows:
- If you reside in Maricopa County you will have health insurance plan choices through:
- Bright Health
If you reside in Pima County you will have health insurance plan choices through:
- Bright Health
If you reside outside of Maricopa and Pima County your health insurance plan choices are with Blue Cross
Before you apply, it is very important to know the limitations and restrictions on the provider networks with each of these carriers, so let’s discuss your needs so we can find the right plan for you.
Or feel free to call us at 480-526-9124