Open Enrollment For Health Insurance
The Open Enrollment Period for 2019 is coming up and everyone at Hershenberg & Stone-Walsh Insurance wants to make sure you’re prepared. First and foremost, The 2020 Open Enrollment Period runs from Friday, November 1st to Sunday, December 15, 2019. If you don’t act by December 15, you can’t get 2020 coverage unless you qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Plans sold during Open Enrollment start January 1, 2020. Ultimately, Open Enrollment is a period of time when employees of companies and organizations may make changes to their benefit options, such as health insurance. Since this only occurs once a year and for only a short period of time and it’s extremely important to be prepared. That is why we want to share the most common questions asked during this time period.
- What will be my medical costs?
- All deductibles, co-pays, and coinsurance amounts are constantly going up. Make sure to meet with us so we can research and find the best plan for you.
- What happens if I lose income because I become disabled?
- A Short Term Disability Plan is an excellent option to help you with this and something we have the ability to support you with.
- Are eyes and dental covered?
- When it comes to health insurance during the open enrollment period, you will also need to look at dental and vision insurance.
- Can I still get insurance if I don’t enroll during the open enrollment period?
- According to Healthcare.Gov, the Special Enrollment Period is, “A time outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period when you can sign up for health insurance. You qualify for a Special Enrollment Period if you’ve had certain life events, including losing health coverage, moving, getting married, having a baby, or adopting a child. If you qualify for a SEP, you usually have up to 60 days following the event to enroll in a plan. If you miss that window, you have to wait until the next Open Enrollment Period to apply.”
When it comes to insurance for individuals, we have assisted individuals with their insurance needs for over 20 years and represent a variety of insurance carriers to ensure that we are able to find the best coverage and pricing for our clients. Understanding all the different types of insurance, the coverages they provide, and policy enhancements are very confusing. Even most insurance agents find it very difficult to be experts and stay informed on all types of insurance, leaving their clients to have to search for multiple insurance agents to cover all their insurance needs. Although many of our agents are licensed in multiple lines of insurance, each of them specializes in a specified type of insurance. This ensures that our clients are getting quality advice by an expert in their field and that there is proper coordination with our client’s other types of insurance. No matter what the type of insurance is our process is the same, to listen to our clients, ask the right questions, work within their budget and find the right insurance product and company to fit their needs.
If you want to be prepared for Open Enrollment, the best thing to do is contact us today! Our expert team is here for you and wants to always keep you informed and up to date with all the changes in the insurance industry.